CNC machining China is slowly gaining popularity as a result of its numerous industrial applications. In this post, we will cover all the basic concept of CNC systems technology that will help you understand the mechanics and principles of the process
How does CMC machining work?
There are only two types of CMC machining systems: Turning and milling. The two systems are better suited for manufacturing various geometries as a result of their unique characteristics.
It’s the most widely used machining system, in milling the part or product is placed on the bed, and excess materials are removed precisely using rotational cutting tools. The CNC milling process entails the following:
- Firstly, there is the conversion of a CAD model to a series of commands that can be easily interpreted by the CNC machine (G-code). The operator initially oversees this process.
- The workpiece is then cut into appropriate sizes that can be placed on the platform either mounting it on the bed directly or using a vice
- Specialized tools rotating at extreme speeds are utilized to remove materials from the block with several repetitive actions required to create a solid product of high quality with precise designs
It entails the mounting of a part or product on a rotating platform and removal of excess materials is initiated using stationary cutting tools allowing symmetrical parts along the center axis to be produced. Turning is a repetitive and fast process with low production cost.
Here are some of the production steps using CNC Turning
- In the beginning, the G-code is created from the CAD model, and a blank cylinder with the appropriate diameter is fed into the CNC machine.
- The parts are rotated at high speeds with the static cutting tool tracing its profile slowly removing its materials till geometry design is created. At the center of the axis, holes are created alongside it using internal cutting tools and center drills.
What are some of the characteristics of CNC machining?
Some of the most common characteristics of CNC machining China are
- The machined parts with high tolerance and accuracy can be manufactured. Typically, the parts have an accuracy of ± 0.125 mm and tight tolerance of (± 0.025 mm)
- CNC machines have a large surface and build area. CNC turning system can produce parts with a diameter of up to Ø 500 mm while CNC milling systems can produce dimensions of up to (78’’ x 32’’ x 40’’) inches
- When it comes to CMC machining, its parameters are determined by the operators during the creation of the G-code. The parameters of interest are usually accuracy and build size of the machines.