Organising an office relocation can be just as stressful as moving house. And when you take into account just how many people and just how much furniture you’ll be responsible for relocating, you can quickly see why.
Luckily, there is a tried and tested method which you can implement, helping you to ensure that your office relocations are as successful as possible.
Compile an Inventory: Both Head Count and Belongings
The first step is to draft a master list which will contain everyone and everything you need to move. In most workplaces, you will find that people work in teams under various managers. These managers should be your first port of call when scoping out the requirements for your move.
You will need to obtain from them the following;
- A list of every member of staff they are responsible for.
- A list of all of the IT equipment that each member of staff uses to carry out their job.
- The details of any specific requirements such as the use of custom pieces of furniture and any other specialist equipment.
You will also need to make a note of which office or area of your workplace that these staff occupy to assist with facilitating the physical move.
Develop a Relocation Strategy
The second step is to draft a programme which will detail exactly when the move will take place. Depending on the size of your workplace and the number of employees present, you may find that you need to stage each move rather than attempt to complete it in one day.
In conjunction with the data you compiled in the first step, draft your programme and decide upon a relocation sequence.
Liaise with a Commercial Removals Company
The third step is to get in touch with a company that specialises in commercial removals. You will need to forward both the inventory and the relocation strategy that you have compiled to your contact at the removal company who will then begin the planning stage from their end.
Locating a commercial removals company should be relatively easy as there is several operating across the UK. If you’re in the South East, office removals in Romford can be conducted by one of several companies operating in the area. We would suggest obtaining feedback from other commercial workplaces who have successfully made use of their services.
The Benefits of Using Commercial Movers
There are several benefits to using a specialist removals company to facilitate your relocation. These include:
- A comprehensive insurance policy which will cover the damage of any items during their relocation.
- Fully trained removal operatives who will carry out the move.
- A project manager supplied by the removals firm who will manage each team of removal operatives.
- The option to have your furniture assembled in your new location as well as the placement of any relocated IT equipment.
Simply put, hiring a removal company can make your life a lot easier when you have been tasked with relocating your entire workforce.